Pathways Accessible Materials
The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience is open to all members, including those with disabilities. Regardless of format, whether it’s Base Camp or accessible materials, the content of Pathways is the same. Accessible educational materials are available to members who are blind or rely on assistive technology, such as a screen reader.
All learning paths are available in an accessible format in English. While English is the only language offered today, translation into other languages is ongoing.
If you鸿运彩票下载网址 have not yet joined a club, indicate you鸿运彩票下载网址r interest in accessible materials on you鸿运彩票下载网址r membership application form. If you鸿运彩票下载网址 are a current Toastmaster, you鸿运彩票下载网址 can request accessible materials by contacting Toastmasters International. New and current members who ask for these items will receive an email with instructions for starting in Pathways.
You have two options for ordering you鸿运彩票下载网址r path. You may take the Pathways Assessment online or pick you鸿运彩票下载网址r path on you鸿运彩票下载网址r own. Although the assessment is not accessible to using assistive technology, you鸿运彩票下载网址 can still take it with the assistance of a sighted guide. Alternatively, you鸿运彩票下载网址 may use an accessible version of The Navigator and all path and project descriptions to choose you鸿运彩票下载网址r path, then place you鸿运彩票下载网址r order directly with Toastmasters International.
After you鸿运彩票下载网址 select you鸿运彩票下载网址r path, you鸿运彩票下载网址 will receive the following materials via email within one business day:
- All required and elective projects for the path, formatted as html documents
- Links to educational videos included in projects, plus transcripts formatted in html
- All Pathways evaluation resources, formatted as Microsoft Word forms with space for adding notes
- All resource documents for the path, formatted as Microsoft Word forms with space for adding notes
- A form to give the VPE when you鸿运彩票下载网址 complete a level
- Instructions for using the accessible educational materials
You are not required to log on to Base Camp at any point in you鸿运彩票下载网址r journey.
All English educational Pathways videos on Base Camp include optional closed captions. Members can turn on the captions with the click of a button as they read through their projects. Additionally, members may download and read video transcripts from Base Camp.
To begin you鸿运彩票下载网址r journey using accessible Pathways materials, please contact supplyorders鸿运彩票下载网址@.
1. Do I have access to Base Camp if I am sight impaired?Back to Top
All members have access to Base Camp after they choose a path. However, accessible education materials are not loaded to Base Camp because Base Camp is not fully accessible. You will receive all you鸿运彩票下载网址r materials via email.
While you鸿运彩票下载网址 can log on to Base Camp to give feedback to members, download resources, and update you鸿运彩票下载网址r profile, you鸿运彩票下载网址 will complete you鸿运彩票下载网址r path outside of Base Camp. You are not required to log on to Base Camp at any time.
2. Can I order the Base Camp version of my path in addition to the accessible version?Back to Top
Yes. To request the Base Camp version of you鸿运彩票下载网址r path, please contact the Education 鸿运彩票下载网址 Team at educationprogram鸿运彩票下载网址@ or +1 720-439-5050. Your first path in Pathways is free. All subsequent paths are $20 USD. You will not be charged for the online version of you鸿运彩票下载网址r path if you鸿运彩票下载网址 have already paid for the accessible version.
While you鸿运彩票下载网址 may request the online version of you鸿运彩票下载网址r accessible path, you鸿运彩票下载网址 receive education credit for one path.
Please keep in mind that Base Camp is not fully accessible to assistive technology; you鸿运彩票下载网址 may have limited access to content in the system.
3. Which screen reader should I use to read the Pathways materials?Back to Top
The accessible Pathways materials are formatted to be read by most standard screen readers in English.
4. I am sight impaired but I did not indicate this on my membership application. How do I get access to the accessible Pathways materials?Back to Top
Please contact the Supply Orders Team at supplyorders鸿运彩票下载网址@ or +1 720-439-5050. A staff member can assist you鸿运彩票下载网址 with changing you鸿运彩票下载网址r Toastmasters record and ordering accessible materials.
5. I am sight impaired and vice president education of my club. What accessible resources are available to me to fulfill my role as Base Camp manager?Back to Top
Base Camp is not fully accessible to assistive technology at this time, so you鸿运彩票下载网址r screen reader may offer you鸿运彩票下载网址 limited access to approving education within the system. If you鸿运彩票下载网址 are not able to approve requests on Base Camp, you鸿运彩票下载网址r club president and secretary are also Base Camp managers and can assist you鸿运彩票下载网址.
6. What is the return policy for my accessible path?Back to Top
The return policy for accessible materials is the same as the return policy for online paths. However, you鸿运彩票下载网址 are not required to return the digital files when you鸿运彩票下载网址 exchange a path.
The Pathways Return Policy is as follows:
- There are no refunds on educational materials or customized items (e.g., engraved items, certificates). All other items may be returned for a refund as long as the member contacts Toastmasters International within 30 days of receipt of the item; after 30 days no refunds can be initiated. Returned items must be in like-new condition.
- Educational materials and all other non-customized items can be exchanged as long as the member contacts Toastmasters International within 30 days of receipt of the item. Exchanges of paths in the Pathways learning experience are limited to one exchange per purchase. After 90 days no exchanges can be initiated. Paths cannot be exchanged once any project has been completed and/or any level award completion has been submitted.
- The new item for an exchange must be selected at the time the exchange is made; members are not given a “credit” to select a new item at a later time.
- Any time an item is being returned or exchanged, including when it is exchanged due to damage or a shipping error, Toastmasters International reserves the right to require that the original item be returned to Toastmasters International and/or require a photo of the damage. When a damaged item must be sent back to Toastmasters International, the replacement item, if applicable, will be sent after the returned item is received at World Headquarters.
- For exchanges due to item(s) being incorrect or damaged when the member receives them, the item(s) will be replaced at no cost to the member. Depending on the member’s location, Toastmasters International may provide a return label for the member to use or reimbursement to the member after he/she incurs the expense.
- When items are returned to Toastmasters International for a return or exchange that is not due to a shipping error or damage, the member will pay:
- The cost of shipping the original item back to World Headquarters, in all cases.
- The cost of shipping the new item to the member, in the case of an exchange.
- The $25 fee that members pay when ordering a path in print is not refundable, even when the member is exchanging a print path for an online path. (This applies to Pathways materials only.)
- Educational materials belong to the person for whom they were ordered; they are not transferable between or among members.
Meet Us in Paris!
There is so much to view in the City of Light. Say Oui to Paris and the 2020 Toastmasters International Convention.Register Now
And the Winner is…
Reward you鸿运彩票下载网址r speech contest winners! Use code VICTOR to receive 10% off customizable Victor awards. Offer valid February 1-29, 2020. Not valid with any other offer.Check it Out
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements