1. What is Base Camp?Back to Top
Base Camp is you鸿运彩票下载网址r online gateway to Pathways, where you鸿运彩票下载网址 will find everything you鸿运彩票下载网址 need on you鸿运彩票下载网址r journey. Here you鸿运彩票下载网址 can work on projects, track you鸿运彩票下载网址r progress, connect with members of you鸿运彩票下载网址r club and view badges and certificates you鸿运彩票下载网址’ll earn along the way. Base Camp also features resources to help guide you鸿运彩票下载网址, including tutorials, videos, quizzes, interactive activities and more.
After you鸿运彩票下载网址 have ordered you鸿运彩票下载网址r Path, you鸿运彩票下载网址 may access Base Camp using the following steps:
- Log into https://www./
- Select Pathways from the menu bar
- Select "Go To Base Camp"
- Using the blue tile titled "Access my Path Through Base Camp", select "Log in as a Member"
- This will take you鸿运彩票下载网址 to the Base Camp 鸿运彩票下载网址 page.
2. Why do I need to disable my pop-blockers on Base Camp and how do I do so?Back to Top
It is common configuration for learning management systems and other websites to open additional content in new windows. Often, these new windows are recognized as pop-ups by you鸿运彩票下载网址r web browser. Because projects, tutorials, and resources on Base Camp all open in new windows, you鸿运彩票下载网址r pop-up blockers must be turned off so you鸿运彩票下载网址r browser does not prevent you鸿运彩票下载网址 from accessing them.
For instructions on how to disable you鸿运彩票下载网址r pop-up blockers, find you鸿运彩票下载网址r browser name in the list below and click on the corresponding link:
3. What does my computer system require to run Base Camp?Back to Top
To ensure faster download speeds, the minimum requirements for you鸿运彩票下载网址r system are as follows:
- Computer: 1 GB of RAM, 1 GHz Processor
- Display resolution: 1024 x 768
- Network and connectivity: 5Mbit/s (recommended: 8Mbits/s)
- Browser with TLS 1.1 or higher enabled
- Pop-up blocker disabled
Base Camp is compatible with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer Version 11 or higher
- Chrome 22.0 or higher
- Safari Version 7.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox Version 23.0 or higher
- Opera Version 11 or higher
Note: If you鸿运彩票下载网址r system does not meet the minimum requirements, you鸿运彩票下载网址 may experience longer download times.
4. How will I know when updates are made to Pathways or Base Camp?Back to Top
In response to member feedback, World Headquarters is working to ensure that leaders and members have advance notice of significant Pathways updates and changes to the member experience.
In the first quarter of 2020, we will be releasing a new page on our website where leaders and members will be able to see a list of planned technical updates and user experience enhancements, along with a list of previously released changes.
Some system outages are specifically targeted toward small back-end refinements that help the webpages run smoothly but do not change the user experience. The new page will also note these.
5. Where can I find the evaluation resources for Pathways projects?Back to Top
You can access and download fillable PDFs of all Pathways evaluation resources from the Toastmasters resource library, here. You can also download them from the Tutorials and Resources section of Base Camp or from the Speech Evaluations page. If you鸿运彩票下载网址 are looking for an evaluation resource for a project you鸿运彩票下载网址’re working on, you鸿运彩票下载网址 can also access it directly from the “Your Evaluation” page of you鸿运彩票下载网址r project. Please keep in mind that evaluation resources downloaded from you鸿运彩票下载网址r project may not be fillable.
6. How long will it take me to load projects in Base Camp?Back to Top
Internet speeds vary depending on you鸿运彩票下载网址r internet service provider and the country you鸿运彩票下载网址 live in. Some projects in Base Camp take longer to load than others, depending on the size (for example, the projects with videos will take longer than those without).
You may experience longer load times if you鸿运彩票下载网址r system does not meet the minimum requirements. To ensure faster downloads, you鸿运彩票下载网址r system should have at least 5 megabits per second in terms of network and connectivity speed. The recommended speed is 8 megabits per second.
7. Who are Base Camp managers, and what is their role?Back to Top
For most clubs, the vice president education (VPE) will assume the role of Base Camp manager. The Base Camp manager helps facilitate you鸿运彩票下载网址r progress by verifying you鸿运彩票下载网址r education, approving requests and more. In the event that a VPE isn’t able to perform these duties, or if a club does not have a VPE, the Base Camp manager responsibilities will be fulfilled by the club president or club secretary. The central responsibilities of the Base Camp manager include:
- Approving speeches outside the club
- Verifying level completion
- Tracking member progress
- Verifying project completion for members using printed materials
8. How many paths are there?Back to Top
There are 11 paths. A full list of paths can be found here, by selecting “Paths and Projects.”
9. How will I know which path is right for me?Back to Top
If you鸿运彩票下载网址 choose to access Pathways using Base Camp, you鸿运彩票下载网址 will take an online assessment of you鸿运彩票下载网址r skills, interests and goals. Once you鸿运彩票下载网址’re finished, the assessment will recommend the three paths that best match you鸿运彩票下载网址r responses. If you鸿运彩票下载网址 don’t want to work in a recommended path, you鸿运彩票下载网址 may select whichever path you鸿运彩票下载网址 prefer. Please feel free to click here for a summary of each path as well as which competencies it helps you鸿运彩票下载网址 develop.
10. Are there different levels in each path?Back to Top
Yes. Each path is made up of five levels that increase in complexity. The program is designed this way so you鸿运彩票下载网址’re always building on what you鸿运彩票下载网址 learned in the previous level. All learning paths contain the following levels:
- Level 1: Mastering Fundamentals
- Level 2: Learning Your Style
- Level 3: Increasing Knowledge
- Level 4: Building Skills
- Level 5: Demonstrating Expertise
11. How many projects are in a path?Back to Top
Every path has required and elective projects. Path recognition is achieved when a member completes 14 projects across all 5 levels—a combination of 10 required projects and 4 elective projects chosen from a comprehensive list covering a variety of subjects. Each project includes at least one speech. Though members are required to complete 4 elective projects, they have the option to complete as many as they would like.
12. Is Pathways available in printed format?Back to Top
Pathways gives you鸿运彩票下载网址 the flexibility to learn online or in print. Using Base Camp—Pathways’ online learning management system—you鸿运彩票下载网址’ll have access to engaging learning tools, including videos, interactive quizzes and activities, feedback and recognition, useful tips and more. When working online, choose from multiple unique learning paths. If you鸿运彩票下载网址 prefer to work in print, five paths are available in full-color, professionally bound materials. The following paths are currently available in print:
- Presentation Mastery
- Leadership Development
- Strategic Relationships (English only)
- Dynamic Leadership (English only)
- Team Collaboration (English only)
13. Does Pathways offer accessible educational materials for visually-impaired individuals?Back to Top
Yes, Pathways is available in an accessible format. Please visit Pathways Accessible Materials for more information.
14. What are the costs associated with Pathways?Back to Top
Your regular membership dues cover the cost of you鸿运彩票下载网址r first path, however, if you鸿运彩票下载网址 choose the printed materials option for you鸿运彩票下载网址r path, there is a $25 USD printing fee. The cost for an additional path is $20 USD, and if you鸿运彩票下载网址 elect to work in printed materials, the $25 USD printing fee also applies to all additional paths.
If you鸿运彩票下载网址 are working in one path and decide to switch to another path, you鸿运彩票下载网址 do not need to pay an additional $20 USD as long as you鸿运彩票下载网址 make the exchange within 90 days of the original purchase. The $25 USD fee you鸿运彩票下载网址 pay for a path in printed materials is not refundable. Remember: you鸿运彩票下载网址 can always print out copies of the Pathways materials on you鸿运彩票下载网址r own, at no charge. If you鸿运彩票下载网址 are enrolled in Pathways online, you鸿运彩票下载网址 can print out any of the materials on Base Camp.
Do I still have to pay a new member fee now that there are no Competent Communication (CC) or Competent Leadership (CL) manuals in Pathways?
Yes. Although new members will not receive a physical kit when they begin in Pathways, the new member fee covers membership processing costs, you鸿运彩票下载网址r first path, and access to Base Camp and its resources.
If I choose an online path, which means my learning materials are all digital, why do I still need to pay for Pathways since I’m not receiving manuals and other printed materials?
While it’s true that members who choose a path on Base Camp will not receive physical manuals or materials, Pathways gives you鸿运彩票下载网址 access to a richer learning experience, featuring 10 paths to choose from, over 300 real-world skills to learn and in-depth training resources to help you鸿运彩票下载网址 every step of the way. In addition, there are still costs associated with maintaining the Pathways learning experience, including software licensing, support and ongoing educational development.
I pay dues twice a year. Why don’t I receive a new path every time I pay dues?
Dues cover you鸿运彩票下载网址r ongoing membership, as well as services provided to you鸿运彩票下载网址, you鸿运彩票下载网址r club and you鸿运彩票下载网址r district. In Pathways, each new member receives one free path, just like you鸿运彩票下载网址 received a Competent Communication (CC) and Competent Leadership (CL) manual without any additional costs when you鸿运彩票下载网址 joined the traditional education program. Additional paths must be purchased individually in Pathways, similar to the traditional education program, which requires you鸿运彩票下载网址 to pay for additional manuals beyond the CC and the CL.
When I purchase an additional print path, do I need to pay the fee for printed materials again? And do I also have to pay a shipping fee for each path?
Each time you鸿运彩票下载网址 purchase a print path, you鸿运彩票下载网址 pay a fee for printed materials. This fee covers the cost of you鸿运彩票下载网址r materials and shipping. Shipping cost is included in the materials fee.
15. What is the Pathways return Policy?Back to Top
The Pathways Return Policy is as follows:
- There are no refunds on educational materials or customized items (e.g., engraved items, certificates). All other items may be returned for a refund as long as the member contacts Toastmasters International within 30 days of receipt of the item; after 30 days no refunds can be initiated. Returned items must be in like-new condition.
- Educational materials and all other non-customized items can be exchanged as long as the member contacts Toastmasters International within 30 days of receipt of the item. Exchanges of paths in the Pathways learning experience are limited to one exchange per purchase. After 90 days no exchanges can be initiated. Paths cannot be exchanged once any project has been completed and/or any level award completion has been submitted.
- The new item for an exchange must be selected at the time the exchange is made; members are not given a “credit” to select a new item at a later time.
- Any time an item is being returned or exchanged, including when it is exchanged due to damage or a shipping error, Toastmasters International reserves the right to require that the original item be returned to Toastmasters International and/or require a photo of the damage. When a damaged item must be sent back to Toastmasters International, the replacement item, if applicable, will be sent after the returned item is received at World Headquarters.
- For exchanges due to item(s) being incorrect or damaged when the member receives them, the item(s) will be replaced at no cost to the member. Depending on the member’s location, Toastmasters International may provide a return label for the member to use or reimbursement to the member after he/she incurs the expense.
- When items are returned to Toastmasters International for a return or exchange that is not due to a shipping error or damage, the member will pay:
- The cost of shipping the original item back to World Headquarters, in all cases.
- The cost of shipping the new item to the member, in the case of an exchange.
- The $25 USD fee that members pay when ordering a path in print is not refundable, even when the member is exchanging a print path for an online path. (This applies to Pathways materials only.)
- Educational materials belong to the person for whom they were ordered; they are not transferable between or among members.
16. How many free paths do I get?Back to Top
Every member is entitled to their first path at no cost. Qualifying members can get a maximum of two free paths. In order to qualify for a second free path, you鸿运彩票下载网址 must meet the following three requirements:
- You belong to two or more clubs*.
- Your membership of at least two clubs began prior to the date of when Pathways launched in you鸿运彩票下载网址r district.
- Your membership to at least two of the clubs you鸿运彩票下载网址 became a member of before Pathways launched in you鸿运彩票下载网址r district is still active the day you鸿运彩票下载网址 redeem you鸿运彩票下载网址r second free path.
*Note: Joining additional clubs after Pathways became available in to you鸿运彩票下载网址r region will not qualify you鸿运彩票下载网址 for a second free path.
How do I redeem my second free path?
The second free path must be redeemed with our Supply Orders Team before the transition period ends on June 30, 2020. They can be reached by phone at +1 720-439-5050 or email at supplyorders鸿运彩票下载网址@.
17. Can I use a Toastmasters gift certificate to purchase a path?Back to Top
No. Toastmasters International gift certificates are only for Toastmasters-branded merchandise. Pathways educational materials are not available for purchase using a gift certificate.
19. Why did the education program change?Back to Top
In the 2010 strategic plan, the Toastmasters Board of Directors called for the education program to be revitalized. The Board stressed the need to modernize the communication track and renew the focus on leadership learning in the leadership track.
The traditional education program served Toastmasters for many years. However, much of the communication track hasn’t been updated since the 1970s. The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience is not a departure from the traditional program, because it builds on the established educational foundation. Pathways is a modernized learning experience suited to our changing global society. It offers you鸿运彩票下载网址 more benefits and more opportunities to learn, grow and meet personal and professional goals. You now have the opportunity to develop additional skills you鸿运彩票下载网址 can use not just in you鸿运彩票下载网址r club, but at you鸿运彩票下载网址r job or in you鸿运彩票下载网址r community as well.
20. Why is Pathways valuable to me?Back to Top
The many benefits to members will include:
- A learning experience tailored to you鸿运彩票下载网址r personal and professional goals
- The opportunity to develop many skills relevant to an evolving global marketplace
- Recognition of educational achievements that come earlier and more frequently
- New technological resources to improve speeches and support meeting roles
- Online access to educational materials
- Videos that model the skills you鸿运彩票下载网址 are learning
21. Are my achievements in the traditional education program still relevant in Pathways? Is the work I've done towards an education award in the traditional program transferable to Pathways?Back to Top
No, you鸿运彩票下载网址r progress toward awards in the traditional education program is not transferable to Pathways because the projects and structure of learning in the programs are different. However, you鸿运彩票下载网址 still have plenty of time to complete awards you鸿运彩票下载网址 are working toward. There is a transition period to allow you鸿运彩票下载网址 the opportunity to complete you鸿运彩票下载网址r work and move over to Pathways, concluding on June 30, 2020.
Please note: Any service you鸿运彩票下载网址 have completed as a club or district leader that has not been applied toward an award can be used to fulfill you鸿运彩票下载网址r next education award in the traditional education program or Pathways (including club leadership, district leadership, club sponsor, club mentor, club coach, Youth Leadership Program and Speechcraft).
Are my achievements in the traditional education program still recognized?
Yes, all educational achievements will remain part of you鸿运彩票下载网址r record with Toastmasters International. Competent Communication (CC), Competent Leadership (CL) and other awards earned in the traditional education program will always be recognized by the organization.
Pathways features more than 10 paths instead of two educational tracks, which is why designations like CC and CL are not part of the new program. Pathways features a completely new set of achievement designations.
When is the last day to submit an application for an education award in the traditional education program?
The final day to submit an application for a traditional education program award is June 30, 2020, the end of the 2019-2020 Toastmasters program year.
Members who serve as a club or district leader or as club coach through June 30, 2020, may receive an exception to use this as credit toward a traditional education program award that is also submitted on June 30, 2020. The role must be the final requirement for the award to receive recognition and these exceptions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please be aware that members who use the role to complete an award such as ALB or ALS in the traditional program will not be able to transfer the work to an award in Pathways.
Members who are seeking a DTM but are unable to complete all requirements by June 30, 2020 may be better served by applying their club and district leadership roles to a Distinguished Toastmaster award in Pathways. Please email the Education 鸿运彩票下载网址 team with any questions about you鸿运彩票下载网址r best course of action.
22. How will Pathways change my club experience?Back to Top
Pathways is designed to keep club meetings at the center of you鸿运彩票下载网址r Toastmasters experience. The biggest changes you鸿运彩票下载网址’ll experience are the new opportunities to grow more skills and master additional competencies. You can still expect the same support from you鸿运彩票下载网址r fellow club members and the familiar structure of you鸿运彩票下载网址r club meetings.
23. How will I receive recognition in Pathways?Back to Top
In Pathways, you鸿运彩票下载网址r achievements are acknowledged frequently because recognition increases motivation. You’ll earn digital badges and certificates as you鸿运彩票下载网址 progress through a path. When you鸿运彩票下载网址 complete you鸿运彩票下载网址r path(s), you鸿运彩票下载网址 receive the accolade of Proficient, signifying you鸿运彩票下载网址r demonstrated expertise. You can complete the Pathways Mentor Program and earn a credential. Those looking for more to achieve can explore the Distinguished Toastmaster award (DTM) and the Distinguished Club Program (DCP). Visit the Achievement + Awards page for more information.
24. Does the Distinguished Toastmaster award (DTM) still exist in Pathways? If so, are the requirements different for earning the DTM in Pathways?Back to Top
Yes, you鸿运彩票下载网址 can still earn the DTM award in Pathways, and it still represents the highest level of educational achievement in Toastmasters.
The new requirements for the DTM award are:
- Complete two unique learning paths.
- Serve as a club officer for 12 months. (If you鸿运彩票下载网址r club has six-month terms for officers, you鸿运彩票下载网址 can fulfill this requirement by serving as a club officer twice, but you鸿运彩票下载网址 don’t have to do it in consecutive terms.)
- Serve as a club mentor or coach.
- Serve as a club sponsor or conduct a Speechcraft or Youth Leadership program.
- Serve as a district officer for one year.
- Complete the DTM project. (Members are required to create and implement a project of their own design, in which they demonstrate the skills and expertise they have gained.) This project can be made available upon request after a member completes Level 3 of their second path. A member can request this from the Education 鸿运彩票下载网址 Team by phone at +1 720-439-5050 or by email at EducationProgram鸿运彩票下载网址@.
25. How has the Distinguished Club Program (DCP) changed in Pathways?Back to Top
During the transition period, there are an additional six goals that have been added to the available education goals. Any of these 12 goals may be submitted but only a maximum of six awards will count toward credit for the DCP for the year. More information about the DCP goals in Pathways is available on the Achievement + Awards page.
26. How do I apply my credit for serving as a Pathways Guide, Chief Ambassador, or Ambassador?Back to Top
Your service as a Pathways Guide, Chief Ambassador, or Ambassador can be applied toward a DTM an award in lieu of the district leader service requirement; however, it does not fulfill any qualifications for any elected or appointed district leadership roles.
When you鸿运彩票下载网址 are ready to use this credit towards an educational award, please submit a completed application for the award to EducationProgram鸿运彩票下载网址@. This credit cannot be applied online.
27. I am a member of a prison club or liaison for a prison club. When can my club begin in Pathways?Back to Top
The Board of Directors has voted to allow existing prison clubs to continue working in the traditional program until June 30, 2020. No prison club will be required to begin in Pathways before this date. However, any new prison clubs (after August 1, 2018) must have the ability to either use Pathways online or pay the fee for printed paths.
Toastmasters International is working to develop a reasonable solution for members of prison clubs. A committee of leaders and staff members will be convened to conduct research to further understand the prison club environment and the needs of its members. We hope to provide a solution that gives prison club members access to all the benefits Pathways offers in the near future.
September 2019 Update
New Pathways FAQ: Opening access between levels
28. Can I access all projects in any level at any time?Back to Top
Yes. By the end of September 2019, all paths in all languages will be updated to allow members to access any project in any level, right away. These updates begin with English paths on September 12 and will be applied to other languages in which Pathways is available by the end of the month.
29. Why did Toastmasters International decide to open access to all projects in a path?Back to Top
Though it is still recommended that projects be completed in order because they build in complexity, many members expressed a desire to view all projects in their path. The ability to view what is coming at higher levels in a path may help members plan their projects and chart their learning.
30. What does this change mean for me as a member?Back to Top
The process for completing an individual level has not changed. Members are still required to submit a level completion request to their Base Camp manager once all projects in the level are complete.
With this update, you鸿运彩票下载网址 will no longer need to wait for you鸿运彩票下载网址r Base Camp manager to approve a request before you鸿运彩票下载网址 can begin you鸿运彩票下载网址r next level. All projects will be available to you鸿运彩票下载网址. You can get started with more learning right away!
You’ll still need to submit approvals to you鸿运彩票下载网址r Base Camp manager to approve the level as quickly as possible so it can show complete on Base Camp and you鸿运彩票下载网址 can receive you鸿运彩票下载网址r certificate.
31. Can I complete projects and levels in any order I choose?Back to Top
Projects in Pathways build in complexity across levels. The levels in each path are designed to be completed sequentially. For example, you鸿运彩票下载网址 may learn about organizing a small event in Level 4 of you鸿运彩票下载网址r path. At Level 5, you鸿运彩票下载网址 may then work on a developing and implementing a larger event. The sequential order, time to complete projects, and opportunity to apply what you鸿运彩票下载网址 learn throughout you鸿运彩票下载网址r path, is by design.
Should you鸿运彩票下载网址 decide that it is appropriate for you鸿运彩票下载网址 as a learner, you鸿运彩票下载网址 may complete levels and projects in the order of you鸿运彩票下载网址r choice.
32. I completed Level 2 in my path, but I skipped Level 1. How can I submit for my Level 2 award recognition?Back to Top
While you鸿运彩票下载网址 can complete levels and projects in the order of you鸿运彩票下载网址r choice (see previous question), level completions must be submitted in chronological order on Club Central for recognition purposes.
Your Base Camp manager can approve you鸿运彩票下载网址r Level 2 on Base Camp as soon as you鸿运彩票下载网址 have completed all projects in the level. However, they may not submit for you鸿运彩票下载网址r level 2 award on Club Central until you鸿运彩票下载网址 have completed Level 1.
Similarly, to receive recognition for Level 3, you鸿运彩票下载网址 must have completed Levels 1 and 2, and so on through you鸿运彩票下载网址r path.
33. Now that I can open every project, how do I complete my path?Back to Top
To complete the last project in you鸿运彩票下载网址r path, you鸿运彩票下载网址 must first complete Levels 1 through 5 and have each approved by you鸿运彩票下载网址r Base Camp manager.
Once these levels are marked complete, you鸿运彩票下载网址 will have access to view and complete the final project, “Reflect on Your Path.” After finishing this project, you鸿运彩票下载网址 will submit a Path Completion Approval request to you鸿运彩票下载网址r Base Camp manager. As soon as they have approved you鸿运彩票下载网址r request, you鸿运彩票下载网址r path will be complete!
34. I completed Level 5 but did not receive a certificate of proficiency or a proficient badge. Will I still receive these?Back to Top
Yes! Upon completing a full path, members will receive this badge and certificate. To receive these items, you鸿运彩票下载网址 must complete all five levels in you鸿运彩票下载网址r path, complete the “Reflect on Your Path” project, and submit the Path Completion request to you鸿运彩票下载网址r Base Camp manager.
Additionally, you鸿运彩票下载网址 will now receive a Level 5 badge and certificate! As soon as Level 5 is marked complete, you鸿运彩票下载网址’ll notice a Level 5 badge on you鸿运彩票下载网址r badges page and will be able to launch a Level 5 certificate from you鸿运彩票下载网址r transcript.
35. What does the change mean for me as a Base Camp manager?Back to Top
As a Base Camp manager, you鸿运彩票下载网址 are still required to approve each level of every member’s path. Level completions will work as they always have. However, members will be able to move forward to the next level in their path, even if their previous level completion has not yet been approved.
Keep in mind that while members will be able to proceed with their education, it is still important that you鸿运彩票下载网址 approve their level completion promptly. Members will be eager to receive their level completion certificate and badge. Additionally, for members to access the last project in their path, all five levels must be marked complete.
Marking levels complete on Base Camp does not automatically award credit on Club Central and still must be done separately. See the question below for more information.
36. A member asked me to approve a Level 2 completion, but they have not completed Level 1. Is this something I should approve?Back to Top
When a member requests a level completion on Base Camp, confirm that they have finished all requirements for that level. Then you鸿运彩票下载网址 may approve the level completion on Base Camp, even if they have not completed the prior levels.
You may not submit that level for award recognition on Club Central until the prior levels are complete. When a member completes Level 2 on Base Camp, you鸿运彩票下载网址 must wait until they have also completed Level 1 before you鸿运彩票下载网址 can submit Level 2 for credit on Club Central.
37. If I’m working in printed materials, will I receive all projects at once?Back to Top
Members who choose to work in Pathways in printed materials will continue to receive their path in three distributions. Once members have completed everything in distribution one, they can request distribution two. Similarly, distribution three becomes available to request once everything in distribution two is complete.
Meet Us in Paris!
There is so much to view in the City of Light. Say Oui to Paris and the 2020 Toastmasters International Convention.Register Now
And the Winner is…
Reward you鸿运彩票下载网址r speech contest winners! Use code VICTOR to receive 10% off customizable Victor awards. Offer valid February 1-29, 2020. Not valid with any other offer.Check it Out
Keep up with the latest news and updates from Toastmasters International.View Announcements